Matt. 14: The Rejection of Jesus
Jesus’ Conflict with The Religious Rulers Continues
Today, Jesus is lauded by most as a wonderful teacher and a great man. But in His day, though many followed Him, even more people rejected Him. And it was this rejection, especially by the political and religious leaders, that led to His death on the cross.
In today’s lesson we see:
- The forerunner, John the Baptist, is beheaded;
- A rejected Jesus withdraws but is followed by the multitude;
- He feeds the five thousand;
- Jesus sends His disciples over the sea into a storm,
- Jesus then walks on the water to them.
And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea. And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear. But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid. And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water. And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt? And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased. Then they that were in the ship came and worshiped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God. (Matthew 14:25-33)
Get Plugged Into God’s Plan Today
If you are uncertain of your standing with God, then go to Him right now to start your eternal relationship with Him. His free gift of eternal life and sanctification in Christ is there for the asking. Once you have taken that first step of salvation, our study in Matthew will get you well on your way to a loving and lasting relationship with the Almighty God who is seeking your friendship. He will guide you into all the truth (John 16:13) and help you become and do all He has in store for you.
- CLICK HERE to listen to today’s lesson, The Rejection of Jesus as King – Matt. 14:3-36.
- CLICK HERE for an overview of the Gospel of Matthew.
- CLICK HERE to open or download notes and the outline for the Gospel of Matthew.
- CLICK HERE for more about putting your faith in Jesus Christ for your eternal salvation.
- CLICK HERE to access the complete listing of Bible Studies in the Book of Matthew.