Matt. 18: Object Lesson of a Child
New Birth is Essential
In today’s lesson we see:
- The object lesson of a little child – humility and salvation;
- The lost sheep;
- Conduct in the coming church; and
- The parable on forgiveness.
We have seen in the previous few chapters that although many were following Jesus, many more, including the religious leaders, rejected Jesus and His message. The next few chapters of Matthew do not seem to further advance the movement in Matthew, but they do fill out many of the dark corners which have arisen because of the sudden digression in the Kingdom of Heaven due to the rejection of the King.
Matthew 13 in the Mystery Parables Discourse has given us the overall outline of the Kingdom of Heaven in this age, but there are still questions to be answered. Today’s lesson and the next few chapters of Matthew answer many of them. One of the key principles Jesus teaches in Matthew 18 is that a new birth is essential to becoming a citizen of the kingdom.
[pullquote_center width=”85%”]And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 18:3-4)[/pullquote_center]
Get Plugged Into God’s Plan Today
If you are uncertain of your standing with God, then go to Him right now to start your eternal relationship with Him. His free gift of eternal life and sanctification in Christ is there for the asking. Once you have taken that first step of salvation, our study in Matthew will get you well on your way to a loving and lasting relationship with the Almighty God who is seeking your friendship. He will guide you into all the truth (John 16:13) and help you become and do all He has in store for you.
- CLICK HERE to listen to today’s lesson, The Object Lesson of Child – Matt. 18:1-35.
- CLICK HERE for an overview of the Gospel of Matthew.
- CLICK HERE to open or download notes and the outline for the Gospel of Matthew.
- CLICK HERE for more about putting your faith in Jesus Christ for your eternal salvation.
- CLICK HERE to access the complete listing of Bible Studies in the Book of Matthew.