Exodus 1: Out of Egypt
The Heroism of Two Women
In today’s lesson, we see:
- Israel in Egypt;
- The heroism of two women.
The first few verses of Exodus connect it with the account of Genesis. Those who came down into Egypt are listed first and the years between are quickly covered. Exodus 1:7 continues the Genesis account.
The key verse in this book is Exodus 20:2, which says, “I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.”
I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. – Exodus 20:2
Get Plugged Into God’s Plan Today
If you are uncertain of your standing with God, then go to Him right now to start your eternal relationship with Him. His free gift of eternal life and sanctification in Christ is there for the asking. Once you have taken that first step of salvation, our study in Matthew will get you well on your way to a loving and lasting relationship with the Almighty God who is seeking your friendship. He will guide you into all the truth (John 16:13) and help you become and do all He has in store for you.
- CLICK HERE to listen to today’s lesson, Exodus 1: Out of Egypt.
- CLICK HERE for an overview of the Book of Exodus.
- For more about the Egyptian gods, CLICK HERE to access Ancient Egypt Online.
- CLICK HERE to open or download notes and the outline for the Book of Exodus.
- CLICK HERE for more about putting your faith in Jesus Christ for your eternal salvation.
- CLICK HERE to access the complete listing of Bible Studies in the Book of Exodus.