Exodus 14: Pharaoh Pursues Israelites
God again delivers Israel, destroying Pharaoh’s army
In today’s lesson, we see:
- Pharaoh and his army pursue Israel;
- God’s victory over Egypt.
Pharaoh has spies watching the children of Israel. The movement of perhaps two and a half million people would be difficult to conceal anyway. Pharaoh expects the Israelites to move up the coastal route and through the land of the Philistines. When they head toward the wilderness, he thinks they are lost and do not know where they are going.
God says that when he thinks they are trapped, he will pursue them. It is obvious that Pharaoh let the Israelites go reluctantly. God is not through with this man Pharaoh yet. Are you allowing God to deal with the enemies of your soul, or are you trying to take matters into your own hands? God alone can save us. And He tells us, “…Vengeance belongs to Me; I will repay, says the Lord.” (Romans 12:19)
So don’t get mad, don’t get even. Serve God faithfully and allow Him to execute justice in His ways and in His time. His way of making things right will be far better, far more satisfying, and longer lasting than any “payback” you can implement on your own.
For more on this topic, CLICK HERE to listen to today’s lesson.
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned. – Romans 5:12
…Salvation is of the Lord. – Jonah 2:9
Friends, do not avenge yourselves; instead, leave room for His wrath. For it is written: Vengeance belongs to Me; I will repay, says the Lord. – Romans 12:19 HCSB
Get Plugged Into God’s Plan Today
If you are uncertain of your standing with God, then go to Him right now to start your eternal relationship with Him. His free gift of eternal life and sanctification in Christ is there for the asking. Once you have taken that first step of salvation, our study in Matthew will get you well on your way to a loving and lasting relationship with the Almighty God who is seeking your friendship. He will guide you into all the truth (John 16:13) and help you become and do all He has in store for you.
- CLICK HERE to listen to today’s lesson, Exodus 14: Pharaoh Pursues Israelites.
- CLICK HERE for an overview of the Book of Exodus.
- For more about the Egyptian gods, CLICK HERE to access Ancient Egypt Online.
- CLICK HERE to open or download notes and the outline for the Book of Exodus.
- CLICK HERE for more about putting your faith in Jesus Christ for your eternal salvation.
- CLICK HERE to access the complete listing of Bible Studies in the Book of Exodus.