Exodus 17: Water From the Rock
Christ Our Rock Provides Living Water, Eternal Life
In today’s lesson, we see:
- Water flows from the smitten rock;
- Contention with Amalek.
The children of Israel have left the land of Egypt and are on a wilderness march. They are on their way to Mount Sinai. Along the way Israel has had seven experiences that are pictures of the Christian life.
Remember, “Now these things happened to them as examples, and they were written as a warning to us, on whom the ends of the ages have come.” (1 Corinthians 10:11 HCSB).
All Christians will do well to read and heed these lessons. These lessons are given to us in picture form and their meaning is clear. Take time each day to study the lessons of God’s Word and prayerfully apply them to your life.
For more on this topic, CLICK HERE to listen to today’s lesson.
Now these things happened to them as examples, and they were written as a warning to us, on whom the ends of the ages have come. – 1 Corinthians 10:11 HCSB
Get Plugged Into God’s Plan Today
If you are uncertain of your standing with God, then go to Him right now to start your eternal relationship with Him. His free gift of eternal life and sanctification in Christ is there for the asking. Once you have taken that first step of salvation, our study in Matthew will get you well on your way to a loving and lasting relationship with the Almighty God who is seeking your friendship. He will guide you into all the truth (John 16:13) and help you become and do all He has in store for you.
- CLICK HERE to listen to today’s lesson, Exodus 17: Water From the Rock.
- CLICK HERE for an overview of the Book of Exodus.
- For more about the Egyptian gods, CLICK HERE to access Ancient Egypt Online.
- CLICK HERE to open or download notes and the outline for the Book of Exodus.
- CLICK HERE for more about putting your faith in Jesus Christ for your eternal salvation.
- CLICK HERE to access the complete listing of Bible Studies in the Book of Exodus.