Guidelines for Bible Study – Lesson 1
Have you considered…?
- Who or what guides how you live your life?
- What do you rely on to guide your decisions as to good or bad, right or wrong, wise or unwise?
- When you judge the words or actions of others, how do you know your judgment is correct?
- Is there anyone you go to that can offer reliable assistance in important decisions you need to make?
- Do are words or actions really matter, or is life merely random and free of consequences?
- Can you really control your life, or does nature and nurture lock you into your “fate”?
- Is there a common moral code that should guide everyone’s life, or is everything relative to our situation? If everything is relative, can there really be a right or wrong, good or evil?
Those are just a few questions that are relative to this web site and to our study of God and the Bible, which we claim to be God’s “inspired” (God breathed) Word. I hope you’ll join us for the daily studies found on this web site to learn more of the Christian faith and our relationship to the eternal God.
I am using the Bible studies from Dr. J. Vernon McGee’s Thru The Bible (ttb.org) lessons, which take listeners through a study of the entire Bible over a five-year period. I have added my own thoughts, comments on current events, and quotes from other literature to make these studies as relevant as possible.
These first 10 lessons of this five-year Bible study provide detailed Guidelines for the Study of the Bible. Here are links to further information:
- CLICK HERE to access Bible Study Guidelines – Lesson 1.
- CLICK HERE for the listing of lessons in the 5-year study of the Bible from the Bible Study Guidelines page of this web site.
Hope you will join us for this daily ride through some fascinating territory of God’s truths!